Friday, December 11, 2009

The weather outside is frightful...

...but I love, love, love it. Did I mention I love it?

The pearly white flakes blow around in a frenzy and my cheeks flush and my nose numbs and all is right in the world because nothing gets better than this. Who couldn't fall in love with the crunch under their boots, or that feeling that I might just be the only other person on the planet because not a soul is seen when trudging to my 8AM? The trees that haven't lost their leaves hold the snow, their limbs drooping and sagging from the pressure of carrying such a delicate weight.

My absolute favorite aspect about winter? Nighttime strolls. It doesn't matter if the wind is blowing harshly and I can't feel my fingers and my toes are frozen stiff.

I can't describe to you the feeling of peace that overrides all other feelings when I'm strolling through the frigid night air...no anxiety, no sorrow, no anger... just a feeling that everything is the way it should be, that everything is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment