Monday, June 28, 2010

A kind of storypoem.

Ah, song lyrics. They seem to heighten everything. An experience is surely brought to life with the right set of lyrics, music, vocals.

Here's a a little something I came up with solely relayed in song lyric stanzas from one person or another;

I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling the puzzles apart
Questions of science, science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart.

Let's go and see the stars
The Milky Way or even Mars
Where it could just be ours.

Drink up, baby
Are you in or are you out?
Leave your things behind you
'Cause it's all going off without you.

But your sweatshirt says it all with the hood over your face
I can't keep staring at your mouth without wondering how it tastes.
I'm with another boy; he's asleep, I'm wide awake
And he tried to win my heart, but it's taken time.

Long walks in the dark
Through the woods behind the park
I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
The stars smiled down on me
God answered in silent reverie,
I said a prayer and fell asleep.

Meet me once again
Down off Lake Michigan
Where we could feel the storm blowin' down with the wind.

Let's get crazy, talk about our bigs plans
Places that you're going, places that I haven't been.
Build my walls up, concrete castle
Keep this kingdom free of hassle.

Yeah, I know who I want to take me home,
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home,
Take me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment