Wednesday, June 9, 2010

amor, bailando en susurros dulces

Our hands brushed the faces of every possibility, but neither of us had an actual choice. We side-stepped and danced passionately around every tree and phone and furtive glance, and in the arms of what was never to be had, we held each other.

He smelled like pineapple and sun tan lotion and every time I glanced right, he lingered.

See, we had nothing.

"If you just.." His breath on my neck deemed sickeningly sweet.

Some deal.

We danced and danced and danced until we stopped, and by that point, we were already over.

There was the beach, that one night, but he stole my camera and snapped a thousand memories I never saw. It was just as well.

Where is he? I asked them.

Corkscrew, they replied. You can probably catch him.

Nah. I danced on blistered toes away from our jungle.

1 comment:

  1. You have lost me, Aeriale. What, What, What!!! Read this....." Rain,.... Leaf on green,.... Go now,.... No lizards, please.....Song on time,
    No waiting for Love."
    Get it?? I think I fly outside your writing zone, but I'll keep checking in on you because I care and I want to.

    ReplyDelete