Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rule Breaker Extraordinare, Me.

I honestly don't know what's gotten into me lately. At C.P., there are these disciplinary actions called "steps" and if one breaks the rules, one receives a "step"...or something like that. Well, here I am, 3 days away from driving off into the sunset and I've already received 3 steps.

I'm a rebel, apparently.

I lost my employee I.D. on the beach two nights ago. It must have fallen from my pocket as I ran barefoot with pent up freedom and crazywild energy. Step 1.

I took an "unauthorized break" in the employee cafeteria that involved a slice of pizza and sitting down when I wasn't supposed to. One of the higher-ups walked over in her khakis and gave me the Look. Didn't you already have your break? Yes, but... And why are you eating pizza? Uhhh.... Throw the pizza away and meet me in my office after your shift is over. Step 2.

I went parasailing this morning over Lake Erie instead of showing up for work. Now let's be fair here... I was not supposed to show up until 1:30pm, but my TFL (Team Freakin' Leader) decided to change my starting hours without my knowing. She left five messages. I chose not to answer them. I floated by parachute above C.P for fifteen lovely minutes slowly regaining my sanity and dignity. Step 3.

I'm not the kind of employee who intentionally tries to screw things up. Honestly. I'm the kind of employee who does her job and quietly hangs in the background, the kind who (once noticed) is appreciated for her hard, quiet work and is acknowledged with a warm-hearted smile. I am not the kind of employee who repeatedly breaks the rules.

Wow. It must be something in the water here. I suppose I wouldn't know because heaven forbid if I take five seconds to slurp down sustenance. My sincerest apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment