Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of pain killers.

It's not worth it. This whole bloody socks/limping/no breaks/unforgiveable hours thing.

I put in my one week notice today and am driving away into the sunset on the 30th.

Gave it my best, but sometimes my best is not what people are looking for... I think sometimes people want you to be super human and walk around for 12 hours every day with no sleep and no food and still smile. Gave it my best, but I am not super human, nor am I masochistic. I'm not one for unrelenting physical pain.

Screw that.

I will very much miss every lovely person who has given me hugs and made me smile. So much. I will miss every joke, every aching minute that we endured together, but no worries. I am the roadtrip queen. Crown me and send me on my way.

I have mixed feelings, but it's no fun when life is clear-cut. Muddled and messy, that's what I'm looking forward to... as long as I don't have to walk for 12 hours straight, I've got no complaints.

4 comments:

  1. OH NO!!!! I am so so sorry, Aeriale..... now what ??? Do you have a plan for the rest of the summer??? A plan for making money???? I wish you could have gotten a better pair of shoes and stuck it out. Guess you should have been in training longer. Find a happy place.... be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so sad. You would have worked up some awesome leg muscles with a whole summer of that...and the blisters would have stopped once your feet got calloused enough after a month of it :-) Take it from the former ballet dancer haha ...

    So now that you have no job...next roadtrip...middle-of-nowhere Indiana? Hmmm? It's only 7 hours from Erie! You know you want to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoorahh! This is the craziest thing I've ever seen (read?) you do. You'll be much happier come Chautuaqua, and relaxed, and now you have some time to write and study for the GREs (which are actually in October, so we'll take them together this fall)! OOh ooh and you can read more! Plus! You won't have to go back for those sucky part-time weekends during the school year. Wasn't there something I was trying to get you to do, but you said you couldn't because of those lame weekends? -I'll think of it, don't worry, and you have to do it now.

    Wanna help me write a syllabus and lesson plans? Cause I'm kinda freakin' out down here.

    ReplyDelete