Saturday, May 15, 2010

"It's going to be a long day,"

So, here's the thing. Today was opening day at C.P and I work a split shift, meaning that I came in and worked from 7-1:30pm, and I have to go back from 6-Close. I'm rocking the limp. Every toe has a blister and the backs of my knees are so wickedly sun burnt that I cannot walk normal. It's quite impossible. Therefore, I am rocking the limp with a smile and a park map.

I've made friends with (most) everyone on my team (Area 2 Sweeeeeps!) and we all share guest horror stories during our breaks. It's fun. I have a slight thing for the boy who works the Iron Dragon (the coaster next to my break area). We smile at each other a lot; I give him rides to/from work and he gives me back rubs. It's the best kind of trade-off.

I'm drawn to the hippies - we go into the park after hours and play music on the beach at night. It makes my entire day of blisters and limping and crazy guests worth it.

Yesterday, a few of the girls on my team and I got to stay after our shift was over to test ride the Top Thrill Dragster, which also made every ounce of pain and fatigue worth it. There was no line, no wait, so I sat in the front seat with my hands up and eyes open. Oh, in those few minutes, how I adored working at the most amazing theme park in the country. It's the small perks like that that keep me going.

My roomie is...interesting. I got off work last night and limped to my dorm room. She gets up as soon as I walk in and asks if she can "pop my toes". Before I even get a chance to consider what that means, she has my feet in her hands and is literally popping my toes trying to make them crack. After I squirmed out of her grip, I excused myself to the bathroom and laughed for at least ten minutes. It was a bit unnerving, to say the least.

I'll try to put pictures up of me in my (very sexy) yellow jumper soon. I rock the yellow bow in my hair. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment