Monday, April 19, 2010

The Scientist.

"Don't you just want to drive across the country to tell someone you love him?"

Moni laughed. "You want to do that?"

"Well, no. But the idea is absurd and I would certainly consider it."

We bantered like this for a almost an hour. I walked myself in circles around the patio of my apartment and listened to the birds hum a love song to each other. It is spring and I suppose that's what birds do - hum love songs to each other just because they can.

"I don't want to miss my chance," I told Moni as I made my fifth circle.

"I know what you mean. I still had things I wanted to tell my mother before she passed."

"You never got to say them?"

"No. And I regret it, I do. So I can see where you are coming from."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

2 comments:

  1. It pains me to read your blog knowing you are hurting. Live today for what it is. Love will come and go, don't hold out for just one. You may end up pasting the right one up. Aunt L

    ReplyDelete