Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oh, Oh, Oh.

Welcome Home.

A neighbor across the street came over last week and apparently shot and killed a skunk that was inhabiting the window well beside my room. It sprayed. My entire room smells like skunk.

But there's a silver lining. My twin-sized bed was replaced with a queen, and big fluffy pillows adorn the headboard. I'm in love with all the space.

I also walked in my room today to find a really old journal sitting smack in the middle of my desk, so I handed it to Aaron.

"Did you read my journal?"

"Well, yeah. A little."

"You read this journal? Really?"

"Well. Yeah. You really, and I mean reallllly, liked soandso back then."

Silence.

"Don't get mad."

Swiping the journal from his hands, I flipped through it myself. It was the journal I kept between 10th and 11th grade.

"Where did you find this?"

"Between your mattresses. It fell out when we were moving your twin upstairs."


It figures. Of all the journals I kept lying around my room, lounging along my bookshelves, he would find my most private one and decidedly get a kick out of reading it. To be fair, I didn't even remember hiding it there. Maybe it wasn't so private and important after all.

So you, too, can get a kick out of my private scribblings. I feel the need to share a little something that made me laugh for at least five minutes. I was such a dork (well...maybe I still am, a little).

From the journal of Aeriale A. Cooksey-Kramer, who will never again share another piece from her journals after this, so feel honored:

"At lunch I was buying baked goods from the special ed. kids (two cupcakes!) and soandso came up behind me. He was like, 'I don't know what to buy. Are those good?', pointing to my cupcakes. Then he takes his finger (!) and swipes the side of my cupcake with chocolate icing and then licked his finger! Man, was that sexy!"

...Ahem. Well, Aaron got a kick out of it and so did I.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha
    1. You haven't changed a bit since 11th grade because I could still see you writing that in a journal today.
    2. Does this not remind you of when we were reading that Friendship book thing I had back in jr. high!? ha. At least we were both dorks crushing on and writing embarrassing things about our crushes together...go figure!
    3. I laughed really hard when I read that your room got skunked...sorry (:
    4. I loved the pep talk...yea...so thanks for ditching me this weekend and leaving me to deal with my problems alone. Seriously? heh.
    5. My parents brought me jelly beans and Stracciatella (the kind of gelato I ate in Italy) candies...which you will enjoy.
    6. Last Song. Miley Cyrus we will see you Sunday.
    kbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha sexy cupcake lick. i hope he bought it after that!

    ReplyDelete