Friday, October 1, 2010

OCTOBER!


If I had to choose one month, and only month, to live in for the rest of my life, it would hands-down be October. It's finally perpetually chilly (unless you live in Florida...then I'm sorry) and the leaves are allowed to start changing colors without being given dirty looks.

From my window, the view of Lake Erie is more clear than it's been for a really long time. The wind whistles through trees and the sky smiles down beneath twelve different shields of grey. It's beautiful.


I can finally drink apple cider without feeling like it's too early to indulge myself. Scary movies are always in season, but in October and only in October, it is truly acceptable to pick any night of the week to make a fest of it under the safety of blankets and pillows and hot chocolate.

Halloween beckons. I'd give anything to be at home for Halloween to take my sister and brother trick-or-treating again. Those were the days. Now I have to get dressed up for costume parties that aren't nearly as fun as walking door-to-door asking for candy. Maybe I'm still a kid.


And the corn mazes and pumpkin carving and haunted houses that are both cheesy and exhilarating at the same time! Oh, how I love October.

It never disappoints.

1 comment:

  1. Aeriale....Yeah! October.... I will stand up and cheer for October any time. It's my kind of season, too. Just got home from Disney at 5:30 today. It was really nice and really HOT most of the time. I could not LIVE in Florida year round. I am a COOL weather gal for sure.
    My favorite fashion is jeans and sweatshirt or flannel shirt.
    We all thought of you often. I saw Tigger and Uncle John and I stayed at the new Kidani Village in the Animal Kingdom. Giraffes and Zebras outside our windows everyday. Wow oh Wow!
    I'm ready to go again just give me time to do laundry.
    We are having a fire in the fireplace tonight, it's about 65 degrees compared to 88-90 in Disney ( and humid too).
    Hope classes are going well. Hang in there, you can do it now. Sending Love, bundle up.

    ReplyDelete