Saturday, June 27, 2009

Reflections: Spain to Consider ((Day Four))

We leave today (Saturday) at 8pm tonight, and I’m not sure what to think. I feel like my time in Spain has flown by, and not wanting to miss any moment, I’ve been packing everything into my days like crazy. Doing this, seeing that, talking to this person, staying up all hours of the night, and waking up at absurd hours in morning. It’s ridiculous, and maybe it’s not necessary to take in everything all of the time, but the least I can do is try.

It’s not my favorite country. It’s pretty and the Spanish style is certainly reflected in the buildings and culture, but I’m still waiting for that one country that blows my mind. The one that I end up falling in love with. I didn’t find the people in Cadiz or Seville to be super friendly, and that’s what I look for in a country, I suppose. Hospitality, friendliness, safety, the place that will make me weep because I’m just so happy to be there, that I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else.

My friends seemed to find these qualities in Spain, and I do admire the beautiful culture (and exotic food), but I think when it comes down to it, I’m ready to move on. I’m ready to hit the Mediterranean full force (Spain is the only country that is still located on the Atlantic) for Italy. I’m ready for Venice to take my breath away. Because really? Who can resist those Italian Gondola singers?

We shall see!

A.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love reading your updates! Enjoy every moment, and do not wish any of it away. There is so much to enjoy, learn, and take away from every city. Take care of yourself and have a wonderful time!
    Vonda

    ReplyDelete