Saturday, April 9, 2011

Heart Happy

Instead of writing an essay that's due Monday and studying for my psych exam that's coming up, I'm going to share with you all what makes my heart happy because M shared with me and now I'm going to pass it onto my blog. Why? BECAUSE I FINISHED MY SENIOR THESIS AND...well, that's reason enough to rant about what makes me happy, don't ya think?

  1. Rainy days and tin roofs. But since I can hardly ever have both, I'll stick with rain so loud that it pounds against the windows. Thunderstorms. Lightning. Reading during all of this.

  2. The month of October. It's fresh, October. It's scary movies and the color orange and corn mazes and pumpkin carving and beautiful leaves that crunch under my feet.

  3. Laughing so hard that I can't remember how to breathe.

  4. When someone just gets it.

  5. My pets. Not just any pets, but Jack. He basically makes my world when I come home.

  6. The smell of clean, warm laundry.

  7. The night before Christmas.

  8. Being alone in a bookstore/library where I drown out time and people and simply scan row after row of bookshelves.

  9. Driving the Beast. Even better? When I can drive with both windows down.

  10. And last but never least, having grown-up conversations with my sister. We talked about learning Arabic together the other day. Arabic. My sister is eleven. If that doesn't make my heart happy, I don't know what does.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I didn't necessarily see my name so I'm going to guess that I fit in on #4....I just get it!

    I loved reading this my girl. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete