Friday, December 10, 2010

A plea.

I've gone all through college without knowing what it means to scrounge and scrape for food. I've been lucky.

Currently, my roommate and I are planning days according to what's left on our pantry, in our fridge. She's broke and I spent all my money on grad school and Christmas gifts. And now our shelves are bare.

One packet of poprocks.
Three packets of oatmeal.
Two granola bars.
Maple syrup.
One poptart.
One scoop of blueberry pancake mix.
One can of peas, one of corn.
One packet of ritz crackers.
A jar of peanut butter.

This is my shelf inventory. It's so slim and sad. Ma, if you're reading this, you can donate to the Aeriale Needs Food Fund. You know where to send the check ;) Oh. And Michelle needs nourishment, too. Her color isn't so good and her hair is falling out. It's grossing me out.

4 comments:

  1. EWWWWW. I told you to keep that a secret! Last time I ever tell you anything privateeee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm making perogies as I write this... just so you know, they're over here and I have more than I can eat.

    Gonna put on a move then maybe write an essay..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Ma says....I feel bad for you both and it sucks to be poor. Now come home and I will nourish you both with intellect on how to spend wisely, and how to cook with the barest of essentials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...you know... if you're running low on food for this week, you could come over to my apartment and eat something I have. I have cans of fruit, some yogurt, pudding, applesauce, couscous... cereal too!

    Of course, we could make a small trade... saaaaayyy-- I buy or give you some of my food and you do my dishes. I think that would be fair.

    If you'd like to make something special even I could go to the store and buy something such as pasta, recently I just finished off my box of pasta (it was quite tasty, it was shrimp alfredo in angel hair pasta).

    Besides, I could use the company too. haha

    Be sure to come over before you starve to death!

    ...oh, and bring Michelle too

    ReplyDelete