Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Weird, True, and Freaaky.

I have about two or three more adventures up my sleeve before I leave for school on Sunday. A road trip to Bucknell, an ice skating something or other in Sunbury... Mexican enchiladas for lunch tomorrow, Chinese take-out for dinner. Try not to be jealous.

This year is certainly turning out to be Aeriale-friendly. I've had time this week -- time to relax, to fake naps, to read for pleasure and at my own leisure, to visit old friends, to journal, to shop, and to practice my Uke skills. I've spent time with my brother and sister watching Weird, True, and Freaky on Animal Planet (which, if you haven't even heard of, you need to check out). I've played my step dad in numerous rounds of ping pong and won a few games. I've spent time with God. I've spent time with my good 'ole dog. I've spent time with me, just putzing around and figuring out what I want for myself in this new year.

I don't think I'm quite ready to head back into the chaotic routine that is my life at Behrend, but what choice do I have in the matter? I'll be headed down the road bright and early in 4 days, wishing that it wasn't that time again.

Time. Time. It steals us away, doesn't it? It fools us and tricks us and loves us. It messes up our schedules and plans and shoves us over cliffs. But sometimes, sometimes, Time is on our side. This week has been a good week, and it's only Wednesday, so I'm going to sit down for another round of Animal Planet with the sibs and fall into bed with Time on my side. At least for another 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment