Sunday, January 3, 2010

dirty little addiction

I have a thing for calendars. I think I've always loved them, and I can't remember a time when I didn't have one or two or five pinned up or taped down somewhere. Always, during Thanksgiving break, I scour the malls or specialty shops for the perfect calendar to ring in the new year. Of course I don't just stop at a wall calendar...I buy one or two little day-by-day calendars to tear off pages every morning. It's become a ritual.

It's ironic, too. I will never be able to tell you the date. You're lucky if I can tell you what day it is..so, the question lingers, I know: why buy five calendars every year? What's the point if not to know the date, the day?

I buy the day-by-day calendars because I love the quotes. I'm a quote-lover, indeed. And we all know I love surprises. So, it's like a two-in-one bundle of amazingness. I get my surprise quote every morning! It's better than waking up to a cup of coffee, and puts no hair on the chest. ;) I buy the regular wall calendars for the monthly picture -- my search for the perfect wall calendar takes so long because I'm going to be staring at the same picture for about 4 weeks...so it needs to be a damn good picture. (If I'm lucky, my big calendar has monthly quotes...so there's another added bonus!)

There you have it, my dirty little addiction. It's cheaper than booze and more fulfilling than coffee - not that I have an affinity toward either.

day-by-day tear off quote: Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.

1 comment:

  1. Aeriale, Hurray, you did it!!
    Thanks for the photos and the videos...we watched all night long but could not spot your sweet face. Was it worth it? ... the bus ride , the rain, the cold??
    Happy New Year of more adventure. Is one of your calendars the one I made for the families?
    You are featured on the August 2010 page. Rest, rest, read, read, write, write. Eat and do it over again.

    ReplyDelete