Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Egypt Day Five ((Sick as a...Camel?))

I woke up stiff and sore. My thighs and calves and arms and head and back hurt. My whole body ached with exhaustion and hunger. I woke up to Michelle getting ready to go to breakfast, and for once in my life, I actually slept through her alarm. I still surprise myself sometimes. Then I stepped out of my bed, and that’s when I felt it.

Stomach pangs surged through me, and my gut felt so tight that it hurt to breathe. I ran to the bathroom. I was basically a living and breathing zombie for the entire day. I stayed on the ship, in bed, only to go to the bathroom, as needed.

Need I mention that I shouldn’t have eaten that sandwich off of the side of the road? Traveler’s diarrhea is not something to be messed with. This is the first time I have gotten sick like this, this entire trip. I went to the doctor on staff and he basically told me what I already know. Keep hydrated, B.R.A.T diet, bed rest… you get the idea.

I am thankful that we have five days of class before we reach Morocco. My stomach and body need a break. I am so tired.

And on that note, sleep well folks. I am off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment