Friday, September 24, 2010

swooning for robots.

Okay, I'll admit, I used to be a trekkie.

Actually, that's a lie. The truth? I was head over heels for Data. Oh yes, I used to have a poster of the pale, emotionless hunka hunka over my rocking horse, so that after I ate my oatmeal in the morning before school, I could stare into those dead eyes.

I'm so weirded out by the fact that I used to swoon (at the ripe age of 8, I swooned, yes) over a robot. Gross. Sick. Dreamy.


Anyhow, regardless of my childish feelings for a man who was incapable of love, my roommate and I have decided to go all out this weekend. We're having a sci-fi/alien/outerspace movie fest. There is icecream with sprinkles and Shell involved. Some titles we've picked? Star Trek, Apollo 13, Armageddon, Mission to Mars, and if I have my way, we'll throw a little Alien in.

I'm taking this astronomy course (in which I merely show up for class... my test scores reflect, apparently, that I don't understand a thing) and figured that maybe my 4th grade love interest might teach me a thing or two.

Ha. We'll see.


1 comment:

  1. You can have Data.......

    ...I'll take Captain Kirk....Dad and Son....



    ....I get Senator McAllister's brother too(:

    ReplyDelete