Friday, July 23, 2010

Milestone?

I attended my first viewing/memorial service/burial today. It was terrifying. And lovely?

Death, so close, makes me want to listen, be attentive to every story, everything. I don't know about you, but thinking about death makes me want to become a better person, so that when it's my time to go, everyone that knew me can nod their heads and say, say.

I don't think I've cried continuously for 3 hours in a very long time, if ever.
It was one of those good cries, though. The kind of cry that left me exhausted and numb and questioning every aspect of everything. I will greatly miss my Mamaw. She was, indeed, loved.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Aeriale,
    My heart was warmed by your presence at Mam-ma's funeral on Friday. I know how close you and your Mom are and if you double that, because of time, you might get an idea where I am.
    I know your mother does not do funerals, but, you and Lacey coming was so very thoughtful, loving and kind for Emily and I.
    Mam-ma left our world, peacefully and with her daughters at her side. Faith and love are very comforting. She will be missed.
    Wish you had made it to breakfast on Saturday, we could have talked more.
    Love, Aunt Lindy

    ReplyDelete