Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 89.

Last night, I stared and stared at my GRE books (which I bought in anticipation for, you know, actually studying this summer), and I panicked. You see, I am not a test-taker. I have never been a test-taker. After how many years of taking tests and watching the material dissolve before my eyes, I still don't know how to really, truly study.

I opened the first GRE book, which I paid a hefty amount for, and began to cry. Why, oh why, does my future have to be measured by standards that I cannot live up to? It's not that I'm incapable of comprehending (well, when it comes to all levels of math, I very well might be), nor am I incapable of preparing myself the best I can ... this is just ten and a half times worse than the SAT and ACT.

I took the SAT twice and the ACT twice. And I am not your average over-achiever. Does this tell you anything? What most people take once and send away for college, I suffered through 4 times.

So... my plan? I stayed up into the wee hours of last night registering myself a date for this (kill me softly) test. Saturday, October 23rd, 8:30AM. That's my date. I paid $160 dollars, and it took every ounce of my being to push the "complete registration" button.

Day 1 of studying starts now. I have exactly 89 days to prepare myself, to hopefully score a cumulative score of at least 900.

It seems like so much time, too much time, but it's not. Not when I'm trying to keep up with my 20 credits of everything, extra curriculars, two jobs, and maybe a social life on the side?

Oh Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment