Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pass it on.

Just recieved a forward from an old friend. One of those people who used to know everything about me. We used to buy each other the perfect Christmas presents because we knew each other better than anyone else, at least that's what we thought.

We were clever, rash, loud. She used to say these crazy things, and we used to talk about our futures as if the both of us were going to be in each other's next five, ten years.

Funny, huh?

It was just a forward... but she only sent it to 3 people. We used to fill out these crazy, mind-boggling surveys for hours, just because we thought they might tell us something about ourselves that we didn't already know. That's what she sent me - a forward survey-type thing. If she remembered anything about me, she knew that I could never pass those up. I loved them. I still do.

So for a split second, her thoughts were intentional. She sent me something she knew I would return. And for more than a split second, I remembered her, the us we used to be, and it brought me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment