Tuesday, May 19, 2009

100 List <3

Although I have my list written down (on pretty rainbow paper!), I feel the need to convert the list into typing again. I just looked it over for the first time in a while, and I realized that I have the opportunity to accomplish many of my dreams this summer, putting a nice squiggle line through what I've done. With these upcoming opportunities, I will cross them off my list as I go!

So, here goes.

100 Things I Want To Do Before I Die (Not revised, just typed again) As of 1 Year Ago
Dreams in bold are already accomplished.

1. Write a best-selling novel.
2. Travel to and sight see through all 50 states.
3. Buy a homeless person lunch.
4. Tell a complete stranger about Jesus.
5. Go skinny-dipping.
6. Get over my fear of spiders.
7. Go inside the Egyptian Pyramids.
8. Work in a soup kitchen.
9. Hike and camp along the Appalacian Trail.
10. Go bungee jumping.
11. Visit the ice caves in Austria.
12. Go on an Alaskan Cruise with Mama.
13. Meet Jodi Picoult in person.
14. Hike down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (halfway conquered).
15. Build my home in the Maine mountains.
16. Do a book signing.
17. Stay at a bed and breakfast.
18. Give my money to a good charity every week.
19. Swim with the dolphins.
20. Go to Norway and see the trolls and viking ships.
21. Buy a black Mazda Miada (or a sexy sports car).
22. Have a "girls day out" at a spa retreat.
23. Get married in my Prom dress.
24. Learn to play the piano.
25. Visit Ireland.
26. Learn to surf.
27. Gamble in Las Vegas.
28. Read all of the books in the Bible, with comprehension.
29. Learn how to meditate.
30. Set up my own tent in the woods and camp with friends.
31. Sing karoke in a karoke bar.
32. Name a star.
33. Sponser a World-Vision child.
34. Eat frog legs and Escargot in France.
35. Ride a horse along the beach.
36. Go to Alaska and ride on a dog sled.
37. Drive along Route 66 (halfway conquered).
38. Watch a tennis match at Wimbledon.
39. Become an established magazine columnist.
40. Eventually raise $5,000 for March of Dimes.
41. Ride the Dragster at Cedar Point.
42. Kiss in the rain.
43. Send a message in a bottle.
44. Learn sign-language.
45. Learn to do a hand stand.
46. Vote for President in a major election.
47. Stand up for something I believe in.
48. Cook an elegant meal, by myself.
49. Have one of my photographs printed in National Geographic.
50. Take an aimless roadtrip out of state with friends.
51. Go fly-fishing.
52. Ride in a helicopter.
53. Take a mud-bath.
54. Fall asleep on a blanket under the stars.
55. Shoot a gun.
56. Dedicate a song to someone on the radio.
57. Visit Greece.
58. Take a carriage ride through Central Park on a snowy night.
59. Sing in a Gospel choir.
60. Buy a famous painting.
61. Visit the Greek Isles.
62. Ride a mechanical bull.
63. Fly in a private jet.
64. Watch the Northern Lights.
65. Start my own campfire.
66. Ride the Orient Express.
67. Have a short story published in a magazine.
68. Go on a missions trip.
69. Slow dance in the middle of an empty street, at night.
70. Graduate college with a major and minor.
71. See all of the Cirque du Soleil shows live.
72. Sleep in the cabin of someone's boat.
73. Learn to ride a motorcycle.
74. Fly first class.
75. See the Great Barrier Reef.
76. Sit on a jury.
77. Get married.
78. Read all of Shakespeare's plays.
79. Read Chopin's "The Awakening", and Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina".
80. Write a passionate love letter to my husband.
81. Buy a summer home.
82. Sleep naked.
83. Drive my own hand-car on a railroad.
84. Watch the ball drop from Times Square.
85. See the Great Wall of China.
86. Eat a meal by candelight.
87. See a broadway play in NYC.
88. Fall asleep in a field of wild flowers.
89. Finish an Ayn Rand novel.
90. Get my picture on a Jones Soda bottle.
91. Save my "I love you" for the person I'll marry.
92. Have a living will.
93. Start a conversation with a complete stranger on an elevator.
94. Visit Capri, Italy.
95. Visit Alentejo, Portugal (Marvao Castle).
96. Become a regular somewhere.
97. Visit all of the National Parks.
98.
99.
100.

They are not in order, and there is not one day that goes by in which I don't think about one of these dreams on my list. I'm slowly, but surely, marking them off...and hopefully one day, I can look back at my life and nod with happiness. I may not accomplish them all, or even half of them, but to dream is to live. Without dreams, goals, desires, what is left to live for?

No comments:

Post a Comment